Sunday, March 04, 2007

Boys' Day Out

Well, I am very glad that I was able to talk Hubby into spending the day with our son. I had a lot of homework to do and was trying to come up with alternatives for him and the kids to do while I worked. It was a beautiful sunny day outside and so I suggested that he and our son go to the roadster show at the convention center. He was concerned about money and rightfully so, but I said screw it and have a good time with N.


So they left early and grabbed a bite to eat at Carl's Jr. Then they rode the Max into downtown Portland. So while the boys were out, K and I had some girl time at home. Knowing I couldn't conentrate on homework and keep her happy, I put The Little Mermaid on for her. She was content to color pictures and watch her movie as I tried to get to my homework. Then the phone rings and it is Hubby telling me I better get to the bank to deposit some funds as we were running low.

I got K ready to go and even let our dog, Keely, come along. We went to the bank and put in some funds. All was well with the financial world once again. Well, then we both a got a craving for a milkshake, so K and I each got a small one from McDonald's. I figured if the boys were out having fun, K and I could have a little treat. After running one more errand, we went back home to finish K's movie. I made her lunch and then put her to bed for an afternoon nap. After several false starts, I finally got busy with homework.
Hubby and N came home in the late afternoon very tired. Hubby said they had not only enjoyed the roadster show, but also stopped over at the Saturday Market (yes, they also have it on Sundays) to split an elephant ear. Then they too grabbed a milkshake from McDonald's. Great minds think alike I guess...:) Anyhow, it was a day spent apart, but I was so happy for Hubby and N to have a father-son day out. N really enjoyed himself and got to spend one-on-one time with his daddy. K and I had our own little bonding session. The day was fun AND productive. Not too shabby.

No comments: