Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Progress Report

Well, after burning the midnight oil yet again...my AR is finally seeing some progress. Last night I was up until 4am! I completely lost track of time and paid for it all day today. I was so tired and achy. I took a long afternoon nap with my kids and am now up again into the wee hours of the morning. I even had a small bowl of Honeycombs and a glass of milk to keep me motivated to finish the note-taking portion of the AR. What a process this thing is. Tomorrow I can finally begin to analyze all of my research data and turn it into something that makes sense. I spent the last two nights grading and taking notes on each of my students' final stories. I realize I may be speaking a foreign language to some of you reading this, especially if you haven't followed my journey in becoming a teacher. The short and sweet version of this neverending story is that I am getting close to the end of this research project.

What makes me really happy is that it is all beginning to come together in my head. I still have to complete my lesson plan templates, triangulate my data into a chart format of some sorts, and create a final writer checklist, and so on. There are a million little details to attend to. It's just trying remember which direction to head next that is the real key. It is 2:30am already and this blog is helping me organize my thoughts on what I need to tackle next. Hopefully, I can blog tomorrow and report even more progress. Action Research this and Action Research that. I eat, breathe, and sleep this stuff. This is my life for the next week. Ain't it fascinating?! At least I got out with the kids for a short while today. We ran some errands and went to the park. Took some cute shots of the kids before the trees lost their blossoms. Gonna go get some sleep now. Hey, I shaved off about two hours from last night's bedtime...:)

No comments: