Thursday, March 08, 2007

Missing: Idle Thoughts

It's interesting how over the last two days that I've been home ill, I was relaxed and not too preoccupied with other things. I got some extra rest in, surfed the net, and worked on some homework to feel a little productive. My mind was at ease. However, since I had to attend class or it would affect my grade, I went. It wasn't too bad actually, but it it just made the reality of all that is due a glaring reality that I can't ignore. It's like telling the sun not to shine in your eyes, there's little you can do about it.

So I went to bed with a lot on mind. I initially fell asleep okay, but then insomnia kicked in. I woke up somewhere around 12:30am and didn't get back to sleep until 2:30am. Just too many thoughts from my "to do" list racing through my head. Today I get to start playing catch up on all that I've missed while I was out sick. Though I'm still battling a cold and bronchitis, I stronger physically. My goal for the next few days is too really tackle my Action Research and the other little things that need to be done. We'll see...off to school for another day of teaching.

1 comment:

Lawfrog said...

I know I keep saying this, but it remains true - I SO UNDERSTAND. I was the same way my last semester of law school. Sleeping peacefully was no longer in my frame of reference...at all. My mind always raced with things to do for my seminar paper, sources to use, things to write, things to do for other classes and the big question on my mind...did I pass the bar?

So yeah, I know how you feel. It sucks. I'm so excited for you to be graduating next month. So proud of you! Hang in there.