Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Going numb

I am slowly losing all feeling in my legs. Between the several hours last night and some 5 hours I spent typing on my laptop today, my legs are going numb from being in the same position for so long. It's like having a shot of novacaine. My whole body feels achy, almost like a flu coming on. I think it's just the erratic sleeping and eating patterns. My brain is fried, literally. I try to take breaks sometimes, but not very often as I get out of the "zone" I need to be in to write this dang research paper. I am soooooo ready to be done with it. Can I just toss it all out the window and call it a day? Probably not, but it's tempting. The good news is that I made a lot of headway in the last 24 hours. My mother-in-law kindly volunteered to keep the kids overnight so that I could concentrate. It truly allowed me to get tons done. I still have a ways to go, but I managed to finish Ch. 3 and am halfway through Ch.4 (out of five total chapters to write). Lots of little loose ends to tie up like scanning some materials and assembling all the pieces as well, but progress is being made. Can't wait to come up for air! Hopefully by my next blog I can report that the typing portion is done...stay tuned.

No comments: