Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Unearthing rare finds...

I think I am becoming addicted to you.tube.com. It has kept me hooked on stuff til way too late into the night when I should be getting some sleep. This website is literally a goldmine for retro clips. I started off tonight looking up random musical artists that I liked from the 80's such as Madonna and Rick Springfield. I unearthed tons of Solid Gold clips that will bring you back to the days of yore. At the risk of revealing too much, I secretly dreamed of growing up to be a Solid Gold Dancer at one point. I was really big on the dance shows. From Fame and Flashdance to the wonder that is Xanadu, I was hooked on that scene. Last night, I even found a real blast from the past called Dance Fever. I remember loving that show as a kid. Talk about your obscure stuff.


Anyhow, just when I thought I'd checked out everything there was to see from back in the day...I discovered yet another untapped treasure trove of clips. This time I looked up gymnastics footage from various competitions. Not only can you watch rare clips of Nadia and Olga, but you can also see just about anyone under the sun. What really hit home was when I found some video footage from the 1988 Olympic trials of Kristi Phillips saga to make the team. I had recorded the whole thing on VHS years ago and it got misplaced somewhere over the years. Imagine my surprise and delight to watch her story unfold again. She was always one who really touched me. The fact that I thought I'd never see the footage again only made the discovery all the more sweet. You can watch her story here if you care to...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GW4T45sWvl4&mode=related&search= or just watch this flexible phenom in action to see what moves she made famous here...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsfcjrRvxn4.
I dare you to go digging and see what you find! I could blog on and on about other stuff I check out, but I need to actually get some shuteye. Nighty-night!

No comments: