Thursday, March 29, 2007

Good news!

And then there was light...at the end of the tunnel. I have finished typing my AR paper at long last! I still have some odds and ends to finish on it, but the worst is over. What a crazy week this has been. The last two days were the hardest as I did a marathon typing session off and on for It hasn't felt like much of a spring break as I have been slav36 hours. I just wanted to get it done and move a big step closer to finishing all of my coursework so I can graduate at the end of April. Woohoo! I slept in this morning til about 10am (stayed up til 2:30 last night). Took the kids to the park, called my best bud Shelley, and then plopped in a chair to relax my brain for the first time in days. I'm periodically getting stuff done on my AR, but not obsessing about it so much.

On another bright note, my daughter is officially potty training again...this time with success! Talk about another long journey. She has been potty training off and on since I began grad school back in August of 2005! I felt that she was just being stubborn about it and would learn when she was ready. Well, she has been out of her pullups for a week now (except for sleeping time) and is excited when she goes tinkle. My magic trick was the same as I did with our son...good 'ol fashioned bribery. If she goes...she gets a star on her potty chart. If she gets enough stars, she earns a prize (a toy). So far it has worked like a charm and she gets really excited whenever she gets a star. Finally! I didn't want to be dealing with a four year old still potty training this summer. Her birthday is in June and I hope that by then she will just go on her own without us reminding her to go.

On still nother positive note, we decided to splurge for our wedding anniversary and got concert tickets to see Celtic Woman in May. We decided it was a rare opportunity and we couldn't pass it up. Prices were actually pretty reasonable and it sold out fast. I've been watching clips of their show on youtube again lately. I blogged about them awhile back, but I thought I'd post another great clip for your viewing pleasure. My favorite member is Lisa Kelly and here she is with another great performance...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfO6JpR5Ip8. Enjoy! Til next time!

No comments: