Friday, March 16, 2007

Finding the center...

It took me two months to get there, but I finally found my center. The other night on American Idol, Diana Ross coached one of the contestants to find their center so that when they perform they will be focused and ready. Well, that was great advice I think. Teaching is a performance and there is an art to it. I spent a long time worrying and fretting about all kinds of things that raised my anxiety level to unhealthy levels. For the last month I have felt an amazing sense of calm.

It's one of those necessary survival skills I've acquired in the last couple of years to get through the overwhelming amount of work and stress. It hasn't been an easy road, but I am glad to finally be on the right path so to speak. I think in those times of extreme stress, you have to remind yourself that "this too shall pass." And remember that if you can keep your mindset steady and looking forward, time goes by more quickly. While I still have a lot of work to complete, I am looking ahead and finally enjoying the ride. Hey, it doesn't hurt that I'm down to 149lbs and counting! I haven't seen that number on the scale in at least a year. With springtime in the air, it makes me want to get out and get moving. Well, I'm off to teach America's future.

No comments: