Friday, May 04, 2007

Financial Flood

Okay, we are officially drowning in a flood of debt. We still have a roof over our heads and basic needs are accounted for though, so that is our silver lining. While I realize we put ourselves in this position so that we could finish school and to better our lives in the long run, I still have such a bone to pick financial institutions. We took a student loan out for my husband about two years ago and have overall had no difficulties with company that approved it. They love you until you have money problems. I headed a bad situation off at the pass about a week ago only to have it rear its ugly head again this week. We didn't have sufficient funds to cover an automatic withdrawal. It would've left us with no money to live on, so I explained our situation to the customer rep. After talking in circles for awhile, we finally came to an understanding. Basically, the amount was credited back to my account my my bank and then the amount would come out at a later date a couple weeks down the road. All was well with the world once more.

Well, guess what? Nobody bothered to inform me that you need to submit such requests in writing and nobody documented this phone call. So I was back to square one and got transferred to three different departments. Again, talked in circles to people who I could barely hear or understand...which only added to my frustration level. On top of that, they wouldn't listen. I explained my circumstances several times and they just kept reading from whatever script they had in front of them. I had to repeat myself so many times that I felt like a broken record. In a nutshell, I have to fax some info in and nothing was done about the transaction. There just seems to be no let up from this financial storm we're in. Though I guess when it rains it pours, though I'm ready for a light mist or even a little sunshine.

What sucks is that I'm working again (as a sub anyway), but it's only until the end of the school year and payday is a ways away. I was even offered a part time job, but it was only for 2.5 hours a day and a bit of a commute. Taking the cost of gas and childcare into account, I would've paid more money out than would have been coming in. Grrrr. Yes, I'm bellyaching because it makes me feel a little better...:)

2 comments:

Lawfrog said...

I'm all for bellyaching. Some days it's the only way to keep from killing people.

As you know, I'm with you on the script-reading asshats who force you to explain yourself 100 times to a ton of different departments and people. In fact, I'm on the phone right now trying to get some jerks to deliver what they've promised, which I've already paid for. GRRRRR...

Tammy said...

I'm sorry about the financial stuff going on right now...believe me, we've been there many times, and to a certain degree, are there right now!
Hopefully, this current "storm" passes over soon for you!

Thank you so much for visiting me today- and for linking to me!

And I love the name of your blog!
Blessings!
~Tammy