Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Shreds, dreads, & peds

Well, progress on the home front is painfully slow but steady. I have been getting things done, but am pacing myself...yeah that's it...sounds good to me. No really, I've been so tired that getting anything accomplished has been a feat in and of itself. My to-do list is lengthy, but I have taken a few things from it each day to work on. The shredding pile is getting whittled down, little by little. I had no idea just much time that job would take. I had been saving up stuff to shred for about a year, so there's a lot to get rid of. Our shredder only accepts up to 5 sheets at a time, so it takes a little time to make headway. I get impatient so I sometimes overload it and then have to tinker with getting it back in working order. Guess I'm just not that mechanical...:)


Hubby and I gave our dog, Keely, a long overdue bath. It had been so long since her last one that she was sporting furry dreadlocks in some spots. We bathed outside since it was so hot. It was a challenge to get her lathered up before she did the traditional dog shake. We managed to get her all clean and she only got away once. Dragged her wet fur through the muddy bark chips, so hubby had to rinse her off again. I took her for a short walk around the neighborhood to let the sun dry her off a little. She was a real trooper. Needless to say, I smelled of wet dog...very fragrant. I also took on the inevitable task of sorting my sock basket. I do this a once or twice a year. If your washing machine and dryer is anything like mine, some mysterious force swallows numerous pairs, rendering many socks to become singles. Occasionally the lucky few are reunited, but it is a rare thing. There is a conspiracy theory I read during the course of my search for an appropriate graphic to accompany this portion of the blog. It seems that the lint trap may be a possible culprit. Who knows?! Twilight Zone could do an entire episode devoted to this strange phenomenon.


Tomorrow I will be chaperoning my son's class on a trip to the zoo. I'll be helping his teacher by keeping track of a group of kids and carrying their lunches. It'll be a long day of walking in sun, but I'm excited to get to spend some real quality time with my son in a fun way. After the way I've been snacking over the last couple of days, it's also a great way to get some excercise. Just hope my feet hold up. Afterwards, it's off to a job interview later in the day. Crossing my fingers for this one to pan out. In the meantime, I need to get back to the shredding pile.

No comments: