Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Queasy does it

My children crack me up. They literally say the darnedst things, even when they don't mean to be cute. For example, my son got ill last night from something he ate (we think). Anyway, he vomited in the bathroom and so he went to bed feeling very queasy. I laid out towels to lay on and given him a bowl just to be safe. When I went to check on him later that night, he said he threw up again. When I discovered he'd done in the bowl I'd provided, he had the best response. He said, "Mommy, I threw up all by myself in the bowl with no help from anyone! I didn't even have to go the toilet or anything! I did it all on my own." It was as if he'd learned how to ride a bike or something, he was so proud of himself. I told him that he used quick thinking and I was glad he left no mess to clean up. That made him very happy and he went back to sleep. It was so cute (not the throw up part of course). Thankfully, he's feeling much better today.

1 comment:

Lawfrog said...

LOL! How cute:) I love that story. Glad he's feeling better today and it was quick thinking of him to toss his cookies into the bowl...can you imagine the mess if he hadn't? UGH.