Friday, May 25, 2007

Five is Alive!

Well, today was not a trip to Astoria to celebrate the resurgence of the robot from Short Circuit (as the blog title suggests), but rather my 5 year wedding anniversary with Hubby. We actually celebrated it a couple of weeks back when we went to see Celtic Woman in concert. It was a wonderful night, so today was less exciting. Since we are living on a tight budget, we got creative with our evening. I let the kids ride bikes outside, took them to the park, and went grocery shopping. When Hubby came home, I made enchiladas and we enjoyed watching Friends and The Simpsons. Yes, while married life may not be exciting, it is a good life. We have been together eight years, but married for five. So cheers to Hubby and me...five years of fun, fights, family, and fantastic memories. We can't wait take a real trip again somewhere for our anniversary down the road.

Not to change the subject, but I must share this. My children never cease to make me laugh and are endless source of entertainment. Yes, they make me want to pull my hair out sometimes, but all in all they are the best thing in my life. So my son comes up to share a tall tale. He says that somehow the light is turning off and on by itself. He says that his sister is in the bathroom and he was in another room, so he couldn't understand how it was happening. I figured he was pulling my leg. He pondered that maybe it was a ghost. So I decide to play along and tell him it must be haunted. This causes him to snap to attention with bug eyes. He just stares in utter shock for the longest time that I start to giggle. This makes him smile and in his most genuinely innocent and nervous voice asks me if the house really is haunted. I can see he is serious with this question, so I assure N the house if fine and there is nothing to be scared of. He walks away uncertain.

N returns a few minutes later to share that K has gone poopie and is trying to wash her pullup in the sink. You can imagine the huge sigh coming from me as I go see what my rascal of a daughter is up to. Like a good girl, she thought she would help Mommy out by washing out her diaper all by herself. She wears pullups for bedtime, but undies in the daytime. She has #1 almost mastered, but is still working on #2. The only problem with this scenario is that she has already pooped in her pullup and I find it in the sink with water saturating it. Even seen a fully drenched diaper? With poop in it? In the sink? It is a sight to behold. She is proudly sitting on the toilet trying to wipe. Her effort was so valiant and she was so cute just sitting there with a big grin on her face. I couldn't even muster a frown to scold her. I just helped her clean up. Oh this potty training is such an adventure that I can't wait for my daughter to experience it with her own children. Oh the stories we will swap one day.

1 comment:

Lawfrog said...

LOL! Your kids are absolutely adorable. I can just see N's bug eyes at the ghost and K's sweet grin. They are truly the best kids, I tell ya.