Friday, May 11, 2007

Queasy, I mean Easy Street


Now that my daughter is dealing with the same tummy bug that wreaked havoc on my son, I've done enough laundry (towels) in one day that is usually done in one week. It is tiring, but necessary. She can only take fluids in baby sips to make sure she can keep it down. She has managed to eat a little toast and is currently napping, so she'd have me believe I'm sure. In the meantime, I got a little bit of bill-sorting done and papers organized, but have lots more to to do this weekend. Just trying to get things in better order and find a filing system that works. I have been surfing craigslist again and have a few leads on some odd jobs to earn a little extra cash. I'll be happy when this whole job hunting things is done. Not my favorite activity, no sirree. Ready for Ed McMahon to knock on my door any minute...:) How nice would that be to not have to have money worries? Pampered celebs stress over the strangest things like whether or not to inject Botox while the rest of us schlubs try to figure out where next month's paycheck will come from. Interesting how life is different on Easy Street (as I vaguely disguise my jealousy).



On a positive note, I am taking the kids to grandma's for the evening so that hubby and I can attend the Celtic Woman concert. It is our gift to ourselves to celebrate my husband's birthday, my graduation, mother's day, our wedding anniversary, and father's day all in one. We splurged for the tickets months ago when we knew we couldn't afford it, but felt this was a rare opportunity and one we couldn't bare to pass up. It will be a wonderful concert I'm sure and so I'm really excited. Hopefully, my daughter will continue to feel better and keep stuff down. She seems to be acting more jovial and not so pale. Just needs more fluids in here I think. At least she's on the mend.

1 comment:

Lawfrog said...

Aww, I hope K can keep stuff down tonight. Have a wonderful time at the concert! I'm jealous, I LOVE Celtic Woman:)