Thursday, January 11, 2007

Breathe and reboot...

Rest, it does a body good. As much as my conscience is nagging at me, I opted not to do any homework tonight. I can feel a case of the sniffles creeping up on me and I am gonna need to stay healthy if I wanna make it through the next month. I found out that I need to speed up for Action Research stuff, so that means more to do. However, I need to see my kids and just not think once in awhile. Tonight I just vegged pretty much, surfed the net, and caught a little TV. My brain is still feeling a bit foggy, but I blame that on the cold that I've caught. Tonight I plan to get more than a meager 5 hours of sleep...I aiming for 7! There is a lot to be said for self-care. Many people take their health for granted and then later burn out when the daily grind finally catches up with them. I think we've all been there at some point on some level. I love to quote, so here is one from Miss Carrie Bradshaw of Sex in the City when her laptop and her life crashed..."Sometimes you just need to breathe and reboot."

1 comment:

Lawfrog said...

SO TRUE! Taking care of yourself is so important. It will crash if you don't do that.

Hope you get the sleep you need tonight.