Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Gonna turn it on!

Just for kicks, I spent some of my breaks between homework stints cruising youtube. I got a strange urge to watch some old clips from the 70's children's show, The Electric Company. "Hey you guys!!!" Did you know that Morgan Freeman and Rita Moreno got their starts on this show? I loved it as a kid! I've had the theme song stuck in my head ever since. It has become my "feel good" song when I need a little pick-me-up. No smirking, it's a surprisingly catchy tune. I dare you know to take a peek at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rox9Z5XwOEg and see if you can get it outta your head! But I digress...

Well, hello. Feels like I haven't blogged forever. In reality, it has only been about 5 days since my last post. I try to be consistent and blog once a day or at least every other day. However, I got swamped with a ton of coursework and lesson prep over the weekend. I had to revamp some lessons from my work sample, study a graphing unit for math, and lots of other goodies like that. The students had Monday off, so it was a catch up day. I spent hours filing, laminating, cutting, and color coding literacy centers. Aren't ya jealous? :)

I have to give myself a little pat on the shoulder for today. My CT was out for personal reasons and so there was a sub. I basically taught 80% of the day and did a pretty decent job, considering. I even taught my first math lesson...EVER! Those who know me can attest to my severe lack of mathematical skills, so this is a major feat for me. I'd worked with this sub on two previous occasions and she commented that I had vastly improved since we last met. That made me feel good. My confidence is slowly building as I feel more accustomed to the routine. I am teaching about 50% of the day right now, so in the coming weeks I will be taking over completely. Can we say BUSY?!!!

To end on a happy note, I am super happy with how my work sample is coming and am kinda feeling better about my action research coming together. That project will continue to be the bane of my existence until the end of the term. Tomorrow's nutrition lesson is a biggie as my supervisor is coming to observe again. I have the kids dissecting fruit. It will either be a big hit or a big mess. Maybe both? I am praying that it goes well. Wish me luck! In the meantime, I am gonna work on more homework tonight, watch some American Idol, and get a good night's sleep (that makes all the difference!).

No comments: