Thursday, January 18, 2007

It's snow joke!

Has the Day After Tomorrow officially arrived? It seems so, or at least in some form. After watching news reports for the past couple of days, it appears that most of the country has been blanketed in snow and ice. Some places have been hit harder than others, but in some areas it is just short of a freak of nature. The fact that cities like L.A. are getting covered in snow is just incredible. From the Pacific coastline to the Eastern seaboard and from the Canadian border to the tip of Texas, we are seeing mother nature in all winter in all her winter glory.

I bet climatologists are really eyeing the warning signs that our Mother Earth is beginning to grow tired of all of our shenanigans and is fighting back in her own way. We have been experiencing some strange weather patterns and devastating natural disasters in the last few years that should be getting people to pay closer attention. I truly believe it is all connected.

We have seen school closures happening all week. Even as I type this, I don't know what tomorrow has in store. I am sort of crossing my fingers for a another day off, but I have mixed feelings about it. We played in the snow yesterday for a couple of hours, but the novelty wore off today. I know, I am no fun. It was pretty cold out and so the kids and I stayed inside. Good news is, I got lots of homework done for a change.

No comments: