Monday, January 01, 2007

Ready or not, here we go!

Alright, I will finally adhere to common sense and turn in early. Believe it or not, 11:00pm is early for me. I have spent the past three weeks of my winter vacation staying up LATE. It started out as just til midnight so that I could catch Sex in the City. Then it got later and later and I got online or hooked on some show on E! (we don't get too many channels). I became a little addicted to Girls Next Door and Dr. 90210. One really crazy night I got into watching stuff on www.youtube.com and stayed up until almost 4am. Yes I know, I am sad. I swear, I would have the TV for company (everyone else was in dreamland) and I would be online. When you're online time flies faster than you can imagine. An hour feels like a just a few minutes.

However, I finally accomplished many goals over the last two days. I was able to get many long overdue tasks completed. I guess I procrastinated until the last minute of my vacation, but at least several items are now off my list of things to do. Had to make room for new things. Like tonight, I had a lot notebooks and school-related materials to organize and prepare for tomorrow. I start my second and final student teaching placement, so I wanted to feel ready and not rushed. I will be working with a first grade class and they will keep me on my toes for sure.

Amazingly enough, I even got lunches made for my son and I so that I don't have to deal with it in the morning. My workbag and my son's backpack is all set as well. I just hope that I can keep up on this preparedness for the next four months. I know me, there will be days when it just won't happen, but I can give it my all. My biggest fear is falling behind on my coursework. There is no room for error at this point, so I am definitely feeling the pressure. However, I am trying to go into this next experience with a positive outlook and remember to breathe. I tell myself that as long as I do my part, all the pieces will fall into place. Time to get to bed if I wanna avoid the dark circles under my eyes. Here's to a new year, a good attitude, and bright beginnings for us all!

No comments: