Sunday, January 07, 2007

Look at me, I'm Sandra Dee!

Okay, I've just spent some ten hours typing up several pages of my work sample. To break up the monotony of the evening, I sprinkled in moments of watching the new reality show on NBC called Grease: You're the One that I Want. Yes, I realize that it is a complete ripoff of American Idol, but with a twist. However, it was actually a fun show to watch.

If you are even a little bit of a fan of the movie version, you will love this show. One of the judges actually wrote the original script and conceived the characters based on his personal experiences. So that gives the show an air of credibility right there. The female judge has Broadway choreography credentials, and I am not sure who the British Simon knockoff judge is, but you don't pay him too much mind. It's just kinda fun watching these Rydell High wannabes try to be Danny and Sandy.

I am not sure how it will all play out exactly, but I know they are picking several hopefuls to go to Grease Academy. Again, they reference the Idol-style Hollywood bootcamp where they whittle down the final contenders. Olivia Newton-John even chimed in with a few random comments throughout the show. Overall, I think it was good enough to make me want to tune in again next week to see who makes the cut. I am a huge fan of this musical, so I like the concept of helpin pick the cast of the show. Hey, the real Idol starts in just a couple of weeks anyway!

No comments: