Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Good Deeds

I passed by a Boy Scout Christmas tree lot on my way home. Then I received a flyer on my front door detailing a "Coats for Kids" clothing drive run by some local Eagle Scouts. Now the boys scouts are notorious for their good deeds and it got me thinking. The biggest lesson most of us learn around this time of year is to do more for others.

In addition to decorating our tree with my kids, I spent the rest of the evening getting some good deeds in. My mother-in-law needed some help updating her resume, so I spent a couple of hours this evening working on that for her. Next I need to tackle an editing task for a classmate's action research paper. I am contemplating giving some of the kids' old coats to that Eagle Scout coat drive. I was gonna consign them, but now I'm feeling like that could be bad karma.

Starting tomorrow I have to get busy on some personal responsibilities so that I can catch up. Subbing and school work has been swamping my time, so many domestic issues have been neglected, including my sleep. Well, I am all tapped out on things to say, so that's all for now. Time to do my body a favor and let it rest.

1 comment:

Lawfrog said...

This time of year definitely brings out the "do for others" bug. I need to remember to keep that alive all year long. I fall short on that one a lot.

Try to get some sleep this weekend. You're running too much lately. That's an order from your friendly lawyer;)